The Idiot

Eliminate logic and watch Earth’s problems disappear.

Must we fear what others fear? Must we be content with the map, without having explored the territory?

How much difference is there between yes and no? …between light and dark? …between success and failure?

I observe other people… the mainstream… and see that they are exuberant… joyous… clearly they are living the good life. I alone am drifting… I alone am expressionless… like a new born babe before it has learned to smile.

Other people have all that they need… wondrous possessions… I alone possess nothing.
I alone seem to drift about… homeless like a vagabond. What a fool I am… my mind is… so empty.

I look about me in the blog-o-sphere… Other people are clever and bright…their reason shines… I alone am dark. Other people are full of wit… their minds sharp… I alone am dull. Other people have a purpose… possess eloquence… I alone have been eluded by intelligence.

I seem to drift with the changes… like a rowboat on the ocean, I seen to rise and fall with the tides.

Different from ordinary people… I find value in seeking the mysterious matrix… and drink from the Great Mother's breasts.

- adapted from the Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu


Comments

Dennis/87 said…
Dude, i have an affinity with Hathors breasts. The mysterious matrix is what I dive into/arc of the diver? What fun this existential feast of life. Shine the lantern Sensi, for all to see. Harrison
Jack Heart said…
Yeah...
Chapter XX from the Tao Te Ching is one of my favorite passages. I "gussied it up" a little bit, but the "drink from the Great Mother's breasts" part was a direct translation. Great connotation...

Popular Posts